Hello lovely ~ Julie here!
I’ve declared February, 2014 as ‘Loving Yourself’ month:) We are so unkind to ourselves!
So my Happiness Principles for this month will all relate to self love.
In my practice, every week I see people ‘loathing’ parts of themselves. We all do, I’m not exempt!
But what I have discovered is that once you forgive yourself, and know that the real you is still perfectly intact inside, and accept exactly where you’re up to in this journey through the planet, you can finally begin to move forward.
Rejecting yourself for certain behaviours leads to shame, and shame leads to punishment, and we find ways to punish ourselves when we’re in shame. That usually means doing that exact same behaviour again. Experienced this? I have! Human beings are strange are we not:)
So this week’s Happiness Principle is this:
Be kind to yourself. This is your simple task from now on.
- Drop the judgement of yourself, it’s exhausting. You’re ok!
- Love yourself, no matter where you’re up to right now. While you’re on the planet, there’s lots to learn.
- Forgive whatever you’ve done to yourself in the past. You’ve had your reasons!
When you make the decision that you’re going to become your own best friend, you will start to make different choices. The energy it takes to criticise yourself is now channelled into loving yourself, and GIVING YOURSELF A BREAK. And the more you love yourself and talk kindly to yourself, the more you will change.
So get cracking! Start to observe your self speak, and when you catch yourself, change it to a positive statement. e.g. ‘We’re doing ok darling, everything’s going to be fine’ 🙂 I’d love to hear your comments, so comment away, and please share this post with your favourite people, you never know who you’ll be helping!
- My Go To Remedy When Life’s Tough - March 5, 2015
- My Personal Story Of Gratitude - February 22, 2015
- Sense of Purpose – 3 Tips - February 21, 2015