Ever feel like this at Christmas? While everyone seems brimming with joyous plans, you just want to flee to the nearest desert island?
Don’t get me wrong, I have loved most Christmas’s in my life. But there have been a couple where I would have liked to have disappeared until it was all over! It was about losing both of my parents within a week of Christmas (yay for timing beautiful Mum and Dad:) It was about losing the family home of 60 years with all of it’s Christmas traditions and people!
It was about daughters and sisters strewn over the other side of the world. It was about not having enough money to ‘do everything properly’. Maybe some of these things may resonate with you!
I’m sharing a little about me because I have great compassion for those of you who are going through the ‘Santa Sads’ because I understand, not only from a personal level, but from my work as an EFT Practitioner, where people ‘fess up about just what a non-joyous experience Christmas can be. So if you’re having a lousy time right now approaching the Xmas runway … don’t worry, there’s light at the end of this post 🙂
These are my observations of the most common challenges of the Santa Season. Are any of them familiar to you?
- Money pressure- you don’t have enough, and beat yourself up for all the reasons why
- The pressure to be happy when you feel sad , sociable when you feel like being quiet
- The pressure to switch off ‘grieving’ or any other natural life process, during this season
- Christmas is a ‘milestone’ that we measure ourselves by.. (here I am again, without a partner at Christmas)
- It’s a reminder of who’s not here anymore, either temporarily (overseas/estranged) or permanently (gone to heaven)
- It’s a time that you have to get together with family, some of whom do your head in:)
- It’s a time when expectations of each other are elevated: having your presence dictated, giving ‘good’ presents, providing ‘great’ food, having to play ‘happy families’ when they ignore you for the rest of the year
- It’s a time where we often have to share our family, so all parents having a ‘turn’ on Christmas Day
- And here’s a little statistic to show just how much pressure Christmas puts on couples at Christmas: More people break up 2 weeks before Christmas than any other time of the year. Hmmm.
The fact is, that Christmas doesn’t do any of these things to us. It is the meaning we assign to Christmas that does these things to us.
We decide that we have to be, have and do things a certain way in order to be loved, and perceived as a loving person, and it’s magnified at Christmas.
And all of those things are just thoughts inside your head. You can change your thoughts, and therefore change your experience around this time of year.
The big question is, how do you change those thoughts that continually swirl around your head like a plane in a holding pattern?
It’s all about accepting yourself exactly as you are in your life right now, today. It simply means loving yourself, no matter how much you’re disappointed in where you’re up to another Christmas later. Self love and acceptance is the absolute key, and EFT tapping is one of the easiest ways to get that happening, like a plane crashing through the sound barrier! It’s simple, fast and you can learn it for free here: TrulyMadlyDeeply Happy Website!
This may be your first introduction to EFT tapping. It works amazingly well. Many of you know that already, (millions of people in the world are now using it). If this is your first time, you’re in for a treat! I’d love to hear some feedback!
Wishing you all a TrulyMadlyDeeply Happy Christmas! Please let me know in the comments, how it went for you!
Or join in the conversation on my Facebook Page Huge Hugs!