Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/trulymad/public_html/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252
In this week’s podcast we talked about Happiness Principle 4 : Gratitude
10 SIMPLE WAYS TO BE THANKFUL:
- Keep a journal. It takes me around 1 minute to write five things each day that I’m grateful to them. Get a file happening on your computer/phone, call it ‘Gratitude’ and jot down those things.
- Stop, breathe and look around. Just take in the moment. What do you see? Isn’t it a miracle that we can see?
- Meditate. Nope, you don’t have to be in lotus position, chanting:) Just close your eyes, breathe in, count 1, breathe out, count 2. Do this until you get to 20. That’ll do for now! If we wait until we can do it ‘properly’, we never get around to it! Go to Youtube and listen to some AMAZING free meditation tracks for free when you’ve got a moment.
- Remember the Monty Python skit: Always Look on the Bright Side of Life.
- Don’t look where you don’t want to go. We terrorise ourself with thoughts of how badly things could go. Instead stop and look around and see how many things are already going right!
- Be grateful for being here. The incredible blessing of being here is mind-blowing and yet most people don’t think about this, ever!
- Help Someone Else. Every day. Even if it’s just a tiny act of kindness! A quick phone call. A smile at a stranger!
- Give Bedtime Thanks. Take time before falling asleep to thank yourself for all that you have done with that day. And thank anyone who you valued today.
- There are no baggage racks on a hearse! Be grateful for all that you have in the now. As for all of the ‘stuff’: we don’t need it, and we can’t take it with us. Experiences are of far more value than ‘Stuff’.
- Believe in the Power of Gratitude … and watch the peace flow into your life.
Let me know in the comments below ways that YOU practice gratitude? When did you start practising gratitude? I love hearing from you!
With love as always,
P.S. If you’re already into EFT Tapping, (The Emotional Freedom Techniques) you would start your ‘tap’ with ‘Even though I’m not feeling grateful right now, I’m deeply and completely love and accept myself.’ Don’t know anything about EFT tapping? CLICK HERE
Graphic credit: Thank you to Amanda Cass for allowing me to use this wonderful graphic.