Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/trulymad/public_html/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252
It’s not often that we stop and think about what we allow to come into our beautiful beings via our ears 🙂
And what we listen to can truly effect our happiness.
What frequencies are you attuned to? Are you aware of them?
Maybe, Just for Today, be truly aware of everything you feed your soul via your ears.
Let’s have a look at two different types of days:
- Listen to radio in the car, when you’re not even interested in the subject matter or listening to music with loud, victim-y (I can’t live without you) or violent (shut your face mother f…..) lyrics.
- Listening to gossip or negative, destructive talk at work, or watching day time television that is filled with fear messages during the ads:
- (Do you have your funeral plan set up? Are you over 50 and insured? How much money do you have in your Superannuation? Have you had a Skin Cancer check up lately? A heart check lately?)
- Having TV/Radio/Computer playing sound simultaneously.
- Allowing shouting and yelling in your environment, (come on, we’ve all done it).
- Listening to all the doom and gloom on the evening news. Well I have to be informed you say!! Do you? Why?
- Watching violent programs, full of tension and depressing information about our world.
- Getting up early, sitting outside and listening to the birds. (I live inner city, and can still hear birds from my apartment balcony.) Or perhaps walking in the quiet of the morning.
- Listening to a meditation or meditating in nature.
- Choosing what you are going to listen to … walking away from gossip/negative conversations. Listening to interesting radio/TV programmes, tuning out during TV ads.
- Playing favourite music while you go about your day. The sort of music that makes you feel relaxed and contented.
- Skipping the news and talking to someone instead.
- Watching something on TV that makes you laugh or inspires you or fascinates you, or reading a book that you can’t put down.
- Listening to the night sounds outside, meditating then sleep.
So here’s a mantra for you today:
Just for Today I will choose carefully what I feed my soul through my sense of sound.
I love to hear your thoughts, so please comment below and share how you ‘switch off ‘ the noise of your exterior world!